Sailing: Visually impaired sailors welcomed to Hollingworth Lake
Date published: 28 February 2019
The Mayor Mohammed Zaman with the visually impaired sailors
Visually impaired sailors were welcomed to Hollingworth Lake on Saturday (23 February).
They, with volunteer coaches and helpers from all over the country, came for another weekend of training where they were welcomed by the Mayor of Rochdale, Councillor Mohammed Zaman. The glorious weather on Saturday provided ideal conditions for practising racing starts.
Sunday’s lighter winds from the south east were suitable for short races.
The blind sailors took the helm of the dinghy, with a sighted crew.
Staff from the Water Activity Centre and local sailing club members welcomed the visitors and played an active part in the sessions.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Flooding photo and video gallery - Saturday 16 March 2019
- 2River Roch flood update: here's what we know as of Saturday night
- 3River Roch in Rochdale town centre flooding imminent
- 4Hollingworth Lake bungalow nightmare
- 5Flooding is expected - Roch Valley Way to Yorkshire Street and Albert Royds Street