Sailing: Visually impaired sailors welcomed to Hollingworth Lake
Date published: 28 February 2019
The Mayor Mohammed Zaman with the visually impaired sailors
Visually impaired sailors were welcomed to Hollingworth Lake on Saturday (23 February).
They, with volunteer coaches and helpers from all over the country, came for another weekend of training where they were welcomed by the Mayor of Rochdale, Councillor Mohammed Zaman. The glorious weather on Saturday provided ideal conditions for practising racing starts.
Sunday’s lighter winds from the south east were suitable for short races.
The blind sailors took the helm of the dinghy, with a sighted crew.
Staff from the Water Activity Centre and local sailing club members welcomed the visitors and played an active part in the sessions.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man stabbed in Rochdale named by police
- 2Middleton fraudster jailed for £45,000 scam
- 3Police find half a million pounds' worth of cocaine and heroin in container
- 4School denies children being made to fill in ‘toilet form’
- 5Major grant scheme launched to revive buildings in Rochdale’s historic heart