Sailing: Visually impaired sailors welcomed to Hollingworth Lake
Date published: 28 February 2019
The Mayor Mohammed Zaman with the visually impaired sailors
Visually impaired sailors were welcomed to Hollingworth Lake on Saturday (23 February).
They, with volunteer coaches and helpers from all over the country, came for another weekend of training where they were welcomed by the Mayor of Rochdale, Councillor Mohammed Zaman. The glorious weather on Saturday provided ideal conditions for practising racing starts.
Sunday’s lighter winds from the south east were suitable for short races.
The blind sailors took the helm of the dinghy, with a sighted crew.
Staff from the Water Activity Centre and local sailing club members welcomed the visitors and played an active part in the sessions.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Breaking: Flood alert in place in Littleborough
- 2Attack on plans to demolish the Seven Sisters after report warns Rochdale’s housing services are...
- 3Rochdale has one of the lowest disability-free life expectancy rates in the country
- 4Entry fee introduced for Feel Good Festival and plans for new free family event revealed
- 5Zen recognised as one of the UK’s best places to work