Sailing: Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 26 March 2019
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club House
After two weeks with weather unsuitable for racing, keen sailors got on the water at Hollingworth Lake again on Sunday (24 March).
This included four young sailors racing in their Topper dinghies.
In the gusty north-westerly wind, there were a few capsizes, but the young sailors soon righted their boats and raced on.
Hector Droungas did best with a third in the first race and Jasper Bramwell doing well in the second one.
After a mishap in the first race, Andy Carter, also sailing a Topper, claimed two wins and now leads the Frostbite Series.
Second overall on the day went to Adam McGovern, crewed by his father Tim, in a GP14.
They won the first race and were second in the next one and finished the day with a third place.
Martin Brennan, in a Solo, picked up a couple of second places and will sure to remain a strong contender in the series.
Two Merlin Rockets shared fourth and fifth places with Les Bithell and Emma Turner competing against Bruce Mager and Craig Jowett.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Regional rate of Covid-19 infection and hospital admissions fall in a week
- 2Singer Ashanti has hair styled by award-winning Rochdale hair stylist
- 3Government to offer 50% off eating out, up to value of £10 per person
- 4Roadworks, temporary local road closures and restrictions
- 5The wait for Reel Cinema is finally over