Swimming: Aquabear Lucy Cannavan looks forward to British Swimming Championships
Date published: 30 March 2019
Lucy Cannavan with her medals
Aquabear swimmer Lucy Cannavan, of Alkrington, has qualified for the British Swimming Championships in April.
Her coach, Ryan Manchester, said: “Lucy works very hard in training and this is a fantastic experience for her to swim alongside the current biggest names in swimming.”
The 14-year-old hopes to improve her times, and will be competing in 50m and 200m breaststroke.
She is currently ranked seventh and ninth respectively by age in the two breaststroke distances.
Lucy began swimming at the age of 12, after seeing how much her younger brother enjoyed competing and has gone on to shine in the sport, winning medals in various championships including the ASA North Regional Championships.
Most recently at the 2019 Lancashire County Championships, Lucy landed gold medals in 50 and 100 metres breaststroke, bronze in 50 metres freestyle and 200 metres individual medley, plus awards for both the Junior and the Senior Champion.
The British Swimming Championships are held from 16 - 21 April in Glasgow, attracting the best swimmers from across the British Isles, who are all aiming to be crowned the British Champion.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Heywood B&M store to open in former Dunnes
- 2Twelve people have been charged following daybreak raids in Rochdale
- 3Rochdale man given animal ban for life after two dogs and cat left to starve at his home
- 4Review of Blue Badge fraud as scheme is extended to those with ‘hidden disabilities’
- 5Chloe Cockton's mother urges public to back petition to increase dangerous driving sentences