Golf: Springfield Park Ladies prepare to tee off for the new season
Date published: 29 March 2019
Marland Golf Course
The ladies of the reprieved Springfield Park Golf Club will tee off on Saturday (30 March), knowing they will enjoy another twelve months of golfing at Marland Golf Course, thanks to a rescue plan which was recently put into place.
The much-loved 18-hole course will be run by local golf professional Andrew Terry and his business partner, Joe Jackson, for 12 months, after Rochdale Borough Council agreed to support their takeover plan.
Mr Terry and Mr Jackson have set up a Community Interest Company which will take over the running of the course from Monday 1 April with plenty of opportunities for the community to play their part in making the course a success story.
The Ladies Captain, Sheila Wildman, will tee off at 10.24am.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Regional rate of Covid-19 infection and hospital admissions fall in a week
- 2Singer Ashanti has hair styled by award-winning Rochdale hair stylist
- 3Government to offer 50% off eating out, up to value of £10 per person
- 4Roadworks, temporary local road closures and restrictions
- 5The wait for Reel Cinema is finally over