Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 03 April 2019
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club House
Sailors from Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club had an active weekend this week (30 & 31 March). Five Juniors were away to race, on Saturday, on the river at Chester. They had good results in the first of a series of open events around the North West.
Also that day, Martin Brennan took his Solo to Ripon where he finished runner-up in a competitive event.
On Sunday, the strong easterly wind at the Lake was too much for some, though it eased as the day wore on. Having missed the first race, Club Commodore Andy Carter won the second and third races in his Topper. Young Evan Parry, in a Laser, won the first race and good results gave him runner-up spot on the day.
Steve Crook and Sally Townend in a Merlin Rocket streaked away to the lead in every race. With handicap results of 2nd places, they were third place overall.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Regional rate of Covid-19 infection and hospital admissions fall in a week
- 2Singer Ashanti has hair styled by award-winning Rochdale hair stylist
- 3Government to offer 50% off eating out, up to value of £10 per person
- 4Roadworks, temporary local road closures and restrictions
- 5The wait for Reel Cinema is finally over