Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 10 April 2019
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club House
The Club’s young sailors were out again, successfully, on Saturday at Elton Sailing Club in Bury. This was another round of the Regional Junior series.
In the under 19 category, Adam Din sailed his Laser to the runner-up spot.
Meanwhile, the under 14s, sailing Toppers finished closely with Hector Droungas in 3rd, Jasper Bramwell in 4th and Jacob Din in 5th place overall.
Sunday’s racing was sailed in a fitful wind, varying in strength and direction. Chris Massey, crewed by Adam Din, in a Scorpion mastered the first two races in the lead. Chris then swapped places with Adam who went on to score second place.
Martin Brennan, in a Solo, is always ready for the shifty conditions and took second place, then winning the final one. It also suited Mike Smith, in another Solo, who raced to a couple of third places.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Appeal for information after 'trafficked' children found living in cannabis farm property
- 2Four men jailed for brutal gang axe attack which left a man with life-changing injuries
- 3Appeal for witnesses after collision which has left a woman in 'critical condition' in hospital
- 4Woman receives serious head injuries in collision
- 5Work commences on former Milnrow police station