Footballer from Heywood wins Southampton FC’s Academy Young Player of the Year award
Date published: 14 May 2019
Will Ferry with his award
A footballer who grew up in Heywood has won Southampton FC’s Academy Young Player of the Year award.
Midfielder Will Ferry was awarded the accolade in a glittering ceremony at St Mary’s stadium earlier this month for his contributions at both Under 18 and Under 23 level in a season when five academy graduates earned first-team debuts.
Ferry joined Southampton in July 2017 after progressing through the ranks at Bury FC and he signed his first professional contract with Southampton in December 2017.
The youngster has made four starts for Southampton's Under 18s side this season, scoring his maiden goal in a 3-0 victory over Reading.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Further arrests following Greave Avenue 'disturbance'
- 2Police investigating the sale of dangerous fake-vaping products have raided two businesses in...
- 3Former Rochdale council leader Richard Farnell is understood to have quit the Labour Party
- 4Old Middleton, NUDE Middleton: group launches charity calendar
- 5Rochdale in Bloom dream of gold as they prepare to welcome RHS judges