Sailing: Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club host Northern Championship
Date published: 14 May 2019
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club House
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club hosted the Northern Championship for the GP14 class on Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 May.
Local sailors, Adam McGovern with Eleanor Davies were runners-up with consistent results.
Third place overall went to Bolton sailors, Mark Platt and Michael Critchley, narrowly ahead of Andy Smith and Phil Hodgkins from Bassenthwaite.
Sam Watson from Nantwich, with Andy Thompson, seemed to have a magical sense finding wind to lead, winning three races and a second place.
18 boats from far and wide, including six locals competed over the two days and five races.
On Saturday, the club’s younger sailors were over at Budworth in Cheshire for another event of the regional Junior Travellers Series.
The group had a very successful day:
- Daisy Fisher in a Topper being third overall in the series
- Jasper Bramwell in a Topper finishing eight and fourth
- Adam Din, in a Laser finishing sixteenth - leading youth boy and second overall in the series so far
- Jacob Din, in a Topper finishing eighteenth
- Hector Droungas, in a Topper finishing twentieth
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.