Cricket: Tom Hardman T20 Day at Crimble
Date published: 21 May 2019
Tom Hardman T20 Day at Crimble
A weekend of cricket action finishes with the Tom Hardman T20 day at Heywood Cricket Club on Bank Holiday Monday (27 May).
Tom, a former pupil at Holy Family RC and CE College, was a gifted batsman and bowler who played for the Lancashire second team, as well as Middleton Cricket Club, prior to his sudden death aged just 21 in November 2012.
A spokesperson for Heywood Cricket Club said: “It is a great chance to renew some old rivalries from our Central Lancashire League days and all of the clubs involved had an involvement in Tom’s cricket life.
“The day kicks off with Norden playing Rochdale before the hosts take on Middleton and the final in the afternoon.
“We hope plenty of people come down to support the day and help raise some money for CRY in the process.”
CRY is the Pennine Cricket League's chosen beneficiary:
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1New parking restrictions approved 'in principle' for Hollingworth Lake
- 2Vehicle overturns at major junction in Rochdale
- 3Travel advice for Courteeners gig at Heaton Park
- 4Aldi shoppers in Greater Manchester chosen for new paper carrier bag trial
- 5A man has been jailed after he engaged in sexual activity with a 14-year-old boy near to...