Cricket: Lancashire host Sussex at Crimble
Date published: 21 May 2019
Olivia Thomas with Kate Cross, hoping to make an appearance for Lancashire
Some of the biggest names in the women’s game will be at Heywood Cricket Club this Sunday (26 May) as Lancashire take on Sussex in the latest round of Royal London One Day Cup matches.
At full strength Sussex boast a wealth of England stars including Sarah Taylor, Danielle Wyatt and Georgia Elwiss, although not all have been playing so far this campaign with injuries.
Lancashire have started the competition well, winning three from four, and will be hoping to chase down Kent at the top of the table.
The hosts have their own internationals on display with Sophie Ecclestone and Alex Hartley alongside Kate Cross, and there could be further Heywood interest as young Olivia Thomas will hope to make another appearance for the side, following her excellent debut against Notts recently.
Heywood Cricket Club hope that people will come down and support the women's side.
The match is 50 overs per side and gets underway at 11.00am. Entry is free and the bar will be open.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1New parking restrictions approved 'in principle' for Hollingworth Lake
- 2Vehicle overturns at major junction in Rochdale
- 3Travel advice for Courteeners gig at Heaton Park
- 4Aldi shoppers in Greater Manchester chosen for new paper carrier bag trial
- 5A man has been jailed after he engaged in sexual activity with a 14-year-old boy near to...