Cricket: Lancashire host Sussex at Crimble
Date published: 21 May 2019
Olivia Thomas with Kate Cross, hoping to make an appearance for Lancashire
Some of the biggest names in the women’s game will be at Heywood Cricket Club this Sunday (26 May) as Lancashire take on Sussex in the latest round of Royal London One Day Cup matches.
At full strength Sussex boast a wealth of England stars including Sarah Taylor, Danielle Wyatt and Georgia Elwiss, although not all have been playing so far this campaign with injuries.
Lancashire have started the competition well, winning three from four, and will be hoping to chase down Kent at the top of the table.
The hosts have their own internationals on display with Sophie Ecclestone and Alex Hartley alongside Kate Cross, and there could be further Heywood interest as young Olivia Thomas will hope to make another appearance for the side, following her excellent debut against Notts recently.
Heywood Cricket Club hope that people will come down and support the women's side.
The match is 50 overs per side and gets underway at 11.00am. Entry is free and the bar will be open.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1CCTV footage released of armed burglary in Middleton
- 2Did you witness an armed robbery in Middleton?
- 3Counting the coronavirus cost - Rochdale Council offers support as households struggle with council...
- 4Borough town centres to be made "safe and welcoming" as lockdown eases
- 5Bamford salon owner inspires college students during lockdown