Sailing: Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 21 May 2019
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club House
Thirty-eight young sailors raced in the lightest of winds on Saturday (18 May) in another round of the North West Junior Travellers Series.
With great skill, they kept their boats moving in the right direction.
Local Club sailors did well in the results:
- 2nd overall, Adam Din and Olivia Zuniga (RS200)
- 4th overall, Hector Droungas (Topper)
- 11th overall, Jasper Bramwell (Topper)
- 12th overall, Daisy Fisher (Topper)
- 21st overall, Jacob Din (Topper)
- 24th overall, Lauren Marsh (Topper)
Two under 11 year olds, Lucas Droungas and Xavier Bramwell, were 33rd and 36th respectively.
On Sunday 19 May Merlin Rockets were out in greater numbers, generally led by Steve Crook and Sally Townend, who had a couple of second places.
However, in the light and patchy winds, it was difficult to get far enough ahead on handicap to beat the Solos. While Martin Brennan scored two wins, Graham Booth also had a win and a third place.
Down in Weymouth, local sailor Stuart Bithell, crewing for Dylan Fletcher in the European Championships, took gold in the 49er class with hopes for selection in the Tokyo Olympics.
The Club’s young sailors have a hero to follow.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1New parking restrictions approved 'in principle' for Hollingworth Lake
- 2Vehicle overturns at major junction in Rochdale
- 3Travel advice for Courteeners gig at Heaton Park
- 4Aldi shoppers in Greater Manchester chosen for new paper carrier bag trial
- 5A man has been jailed after he engaged in sexual activity with a 14-year-old boy near to...