Sailing: Exciting weekend races for Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 28 May 2019
Photo: Martin Watts
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
For those who raced on Sunday (26 May), conditions were exciting and a few capsizes added to the drama.
Strong westerly gusts hit the Lake. Steve Crook and Sally Townend mastered the conditions in a Merlin Rocket to win the first and second races, challenged in the first one by Julian Parry and son, Evan, also in a Merlin.
Les Burns, with Chris Massey crewing, in a GP14 sailed well to third place in the first race and then second place in race two.
Another notable result was that of Hector Droungas and Jacob Din, junior sailors, in a Mirror coming in third in race 2 and fourth in the final race, which was won by Andy Carter in a Topper.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1New parking restrictions approved 'in principle' for Hollingworth Lake
- 2Vehicle overturns at major junction in Rochdale
- 3Travel advice for Courteeners gig at Heaton Park
- 4Aldi shoppers in Greater Manchester chosen for new paper carrier bag trial
- 5A man has been jailed after he engaged in sexual activity with a 14-year-old boy near to...