Cricket: Lancashire League T20 begins at Redbrook
Date published: 30 May 2019
Rochdale Cricket Club
The Lancashire League’s T20 competition begins on Friday (31 May), with Rochdale entertaining Milnrow in their first group game.
Dale have already enjoyed cup success this year and progressed to the quarter finals of the Worsley Cup with a tense, last over victory against cup holders Lowerhouse last Saturday (25 May).
Set 213 for victory, Dale got home with two balls to spare thanks to an unlikely 7th wicket partnership of 74 between veteran Derek Faulkner, 41, and 17 years old Mohid Ul-Haq who finished unbeaten on 46.
By contrast, Rochdale came out the wrong side of another exciting game the day after when they lost by 3 wickets to relegation rivals Todmorden.
Dale professional Ed Moore hit a superb 89 out of a total 148 for 9, but the visitors squeezed home with a ball to spare, former Littleborough player Chris Schofield making an unbeaten 60.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Fourteen arrests following daybreak raids in Rochdale
- 2Rochdale gym crowned best gym in the UK at the UKactive Awards
- 3Two new secondary schools approved by government
- 4Man taken to hospital after five-car crash in Heywood
- 5Rochdale optician urges residents not to be caught out by the ‘silent thief of sight’