Cricket: Norden beat Longridge in Lancashire Cricket Foundation knockout
Date published: 03 June 2019
Norden Cricket Club
A mini blitz by Norden Cricket Club skipper, Hashum Malik, and another impressive knock from Lee Crabtree, lifted Norden out of a spot of bother and on their way to the third round of the Lancashire Cricket Foundation knockout.
Stags slipped to 58 for six against Longridge, but the home tie, played on Sunday 2 June, swung dramatically as Crabtree went on to score 36 and Malik blasted 46 off 32 deliveries faced, his innings including four fours and four sixes.
It meant Norden were able to reach an all-out 157 and have a reasonable score to defend.
Jake Sandham bowled opener Matt Joyce with Longridge showing only three runs on the board.
Sandham finished with two for 19 off six overs, while Greg Butterworth delivered a miserly five overs which brought him one wicket for two runs.
Runs were scored, but wickets tumbled. Malik and Sami Waheed picked up two each, and Joe Humphreys collected three for 17 as Longridge were dismissed for 123.
- J Tolley c N Wilkinson b Simpson 8
- H Fitton c Howarth b Millward 19
- S Bhojani b Simpson 0
- J Sandham b Millward 17
- L Crabtree b D Wilson 36
- G Butterworth lbw D Wilson 1
- D Humphreys lbw Howarth 0
- H Malik c Christie b Wilson 46
- S Pimm b Simpson 2
- J Humphreys not out 12
- S Waheed c Wilkinson b Bangs 1
- Extras 15
- Total 157
- Bowling: Simpson 7-1-23-3; Millward 8-2-26-2; Howarth 7-0-37-1; Wilson 6-1-29-3; Bangs 4.2-0-36-1.
- D Wilkinson jnr c Pimm b Malik 17
- M Joyce b Sandham 0
- L Platt b Sandham 25
- J Whitehead b S Waheed 17
- L Bangs b Butterworth 0
- Z Christie b S Waheed 6
- T Howarth c Pimm b J Humphreys 18
- I Simpson c and b J Humphreys 15
- N Wilkinson lbw Malik 3
- J Millward not out 2
- D Wilson b J Humphreys 1
- Extras 19
- Total 123
- Bowling: Sandham 6-1-19-2; D Humphreys 3-0-29-0; Butterworth 5-3-2-1; Malik 6-1-29-2; S Waheed 3-0-18-2; J Humphreys 6-0-17-3.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.