Rugby League: Hornets land super league half back
Date published: 03 June 2019
Rochdale Hornets sign half-back Izaac Farrell from Huddersfield Giants
Rochdale Hornets have signed half-back Izaac Farrell from Huddersfield Giants on a permanent basis until the end of the season.
Farrell, the son of former Leeds prop Anthony, was handed a first team squad number by the Giants this year and played in the opening two Super League matches of the season.
He made his Giants debut in the Challenge Cup against Swinton in 2017, and has also played first team rugby at Batley, Workington and Swinton.
Hornets coach Matt Calland said: “We’ve been looking to strengthen at half-back since I came to the club - the squad had four hookers but not one recognised scrum-half.
“We’ve had to play Dan Abram there when he would prefer to play full-back, and Ben Moore and Scott Moore there who are both hookers.
“It was really important that we brought some natural half-backs to the club and we’ve done that with Oscar Thomas and Izaac.
“Hopefully Izaac can lead us around the field and be that on-field general that we’ve been missing.
“He’s got some really good raps from Huddersfield and I’m excited to start working with him.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1New parking restrictions approved 'in principle' for Hollingworth Lake
- 2Vehicle overturns at major junction in Rochdale
- 3Travel advice for Courteeners gig at Heaton Park
- 4Aldi shoppers in Greater Manchester chosen for new paper carrier bag trial
- 5A man has been jailed after he engaged in sexual activity with a 14-year-old boy near to...