Cricket: Norden’s winning run ends
Date published: 11 June 2019
Norden Cricket Club
Norden Cricket Club’s winning run in the JW Lees Lancashire League came to an end at Turf Moor on Sunday when they were beaten by Burnley.
Burnley leapfrogged Norden to the top of the table.
Norden took first knock and found nothing but trouble on a tricky wicket and against the bowling of stand in professional Jim Allenby.
Harvey Fitton, Josh Tolley, Jake Sandham and Saif Bhojani were all out to catches to make it 13 for four.
Lee Crabtree also went to a catch to make it 27-5, and from then on it became a hard slog to survive and add a few runs.
Greg Butterworth hit five fours in his 29 but was stumped with the total on 49.
Dominic Humphreys ground out eight runs from 75 deliveries, Steve Pimm scored five off 59.
When Hashum Malik was out to yet another catch Norden were 72 for nine. But Burnley were denied two bowling bonus points by Chris Humphreys (13 off 15) and Mark Goddard (5 off 26).
The reply saw 29 on the board before Chris Holt was caught by Greg Butterworth. Two more wickets fell to the bowling of Hashum Malik, but Burnley were home in the 26th over.
- J Tolley c Holt b McCluskie 6
- H Fitton c Burton b McCluskie 0
- S Bhojani c Burton b Allenby 5
- J Sandham c Tripathi b Allenby 1
- L Crabtree c Burton b Tripathi 2
- Butterworth st Burton b Holt 29
- D Humphreys b Tripathi 8
- S Pimm c ? b Allenby 5
- M Goddard not out 5
- H Malik c Roberts b Allenby 8
- C Humphreys not out 13
- Extras 9
- Total (for 9 wkts) 91
- Bowling: Allenby 13-4-18-4; McCluskie 10-1-25-2; Tripathi 15-6-21-2; Hayman 3-0-7-0; Holt 9-5-14-1.
- L Bedford c C Humphreys b Malik 28
- C Holt c Butterworth b Sandham 26
- D Pickup c Butterworth b Malik 9
- J Allenby not out 26
- Roberts not out 3
- Extras 2
- Total (for 3 wkts) 94
- Bowling: Sandham 9.1-5-24-1; C Humphreys 5-1-20-0; Butterworth 5-0-26-0; Malik 5-2-7-2; Goddard 1-0-17-0.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale business delivers global success
- 2Stunning painting of Rochdale will be auctioned off to raise money for Springhill Hospice
- 3Obituary: Haydn Paul Ogden
- 4Rochdale man charged after explosive device thrown into a car in Bolton
- 5Transport suspended to and from Manchester Airport as suspicious package found