Mixed Martial Arts: Kyran Sturrock wins bronze medal at European Championships
Date published: 24 June 2019
Kyran Sturrock (second left) won bronze at the Mixed Martial Arts European Championships
Kyran Sturrock has won a bronze medal at the Mixed Martial Arts European Championships in Rome.
Sturrock, 18, from Castleton, was selected to represent England in the middleweight category at the championships between 17 and 23 June.
Mixed Martial Arts, also known as cage-fighting, is a full-contact combat sport using techniques from a range of combat sports and martial arts.
Sturrock, who plans to pursue the sport at a professional level, has been involved in the sport for six years, training at the Full Contact Performance Centre (FCPC) on Queensway and the SBG gym in Manchester.
He was joined at the championships by fellow FCPC fighter Charlotte ‘Bomber’ Brown, who fought hard against her opponent, Viktoriya Dudakova.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Edenfield Road (A680), Rochdale closed both ways at Owd Betts
- 2'Disturbance' closes Sandy Lane as two injured men taken to hospital
- 3A man has been arrested and bailed after a disturbance in Rochdale yesterday
- 4Further arrests following Greave Avenue 'disturbance'
- 5Man charged with child grooming offences