Football: Rochdale goalkeeper Brad Wade signs three-year deal
Date published: 26 June 2019
Goalkeeper Brad Wade has signed a three-year deal with Rochdale AFC.
Wade, 18, an Academy graduate, signed his first professional terms last summer and will now be contracted to the club until 2022.
He had a brief loan spell at Barrow during the second half of the 2018/19 season, but he was recalled early from his time at Holker Street to return to Dale as the first team’s number two.
“I have been at the club for four years, so I’m delighted to have been offered a lengthy contract,” said Wade.
“I won’t be taking it for granted. I’m going to be working hard and doing everything I can to do what I need to progress. I’ll look to make improvements every day in training and look to build on what I have done over the past few years.
“I’m still only 18. For Brian Barry-Murphy and Steve Collis to show that faith and belief in me means a lot. Hopefully I can repay them.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Woman receives serious head injuries in collision
- 2Appeal for witnesses after collision which has left a woman in 'critical condition' in hospital
- 3Four men jailed for brutal gang axe attack which left a man with life-changing injuries
- 4Electric avenue best route for taxi firms
- 5Job information sessions for new Rochdale Riverside – all you need to know