Cricket: Heywood CC bows out of T20 cup
Date published: 27 June 2019
Heywood Monkeys failed to make the quarter-finals of the Marston’s T20 Cup when they were well beaten by Stayley Scorpions in their last group game on Friday 21 June.
Heywood posted what looked like a reasonable score of 134 with three balls of their allotted 20 overs left thanks to 56 from professional Faisal Iqbal, 20 by skipper Sean Burrill, 18 by Andy Dawson and an unbeaten 10 at the end by Tom Pagett.
And 15-year-old Harry Graham-Scott also underlined his promise with a useful contribution of eight before being one of three run-out victims.
But the Scorpions, led by an unbeaten 67 from professional Munir Tanzil, shrugged off the loss of an early wicket to reach their target with 10 balls left and five wickets in hand.
Tanzil’s decisive contribution was made off just 43 balls and he received good support from Nick Woodhead (24) and Rhys Downend (32). Andy Dawson claimed 4-20.
- J Kettleborough c Woodhead b Slater 8
- A Dawson c Woodhead b Tanzil 18
- F Iqbal c R Downend b M Downend 56
- S Burrill st Woodhead b Tanzil 20
- M Grogan run out 2
- M Witts c Woodhead b Tanzil 4
- J O’Neill b Tanzil 0
- T Sullivan run out 0
- H Scott run out 8
- T Pagett not out 10
- C Hilton c Downend b Barlow 0
- Extras 8
- Total (19.3 overs) 134
- Fall of wickets: 1-25, 2-42, 3-68, 4-77, 5-89, 6-89, 7-89, 8-102, 9-129, 10-134
- Bowling: L Slater 4-0-33-1, J Healey 4-1-29-0, M Tanzil 4-0-23-4, R Downend 4-0-24-0, M Downend 3-0-19-1, J Barlow 0.3-0-5-1
- M Tanzil not out 67
- J Barlow c O’Neill b A Dawson 0
- N Woodhead c and b Kettleborough 24
- R Downend c Witts b A Dawson 32
- L Slater b A Dawson 4
- J Healey b A Dawson 0
- M Pearson not out 0
- Extras 9
- Total (for 5 wkts, 18.2 overs) 136
- Fall of wickets: 1-1, 2-52, 3-117, 4-127, 5-128
- Bowling: A Dawson 4-0-20-4, C Hilton 2-0-15-0, F Iqbal 3-0-19-0, J Kettleborough 4-0-32-1, S Burrill 3.2-0-37-0, M Grogan 2-0-12-0
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.