Cricket: Heywood cricket club teams for the weekend
Date published: 28 June 2019
Heywood Cricket Club
Heywood bid to extend their winning Greater Manchester League run in a crunch Crimble clash on Saturday.
The senior side have won their last four games in Division 1A and now entertain top-of-the-table Glodwick, whom they trails by just two points.
Glodwick have 35 points; Denton West are second with 34 points; Glossop, Heywood and Flowery Field have 33 points.
It’s the last game in the first half of the season and victory for the locals will leave them well placed for a promotion push in the second half.
The second team also need a victory when they go to Stand the same day. They are second bottom of Division 3 East and need to starting picking up points if they are to avoid relegation.
Sunday sees the third team travel to Worsley for a second round game in the Sunday Plate, re-arranged after being postponed from last weekend.
- Heywood 1st X1 (v Glodwick, home, Saturday 29 June, 1pm): S Burrill (capt), J Kettleborough, R Cross, A Dawson, S Dawson, J Morley, S Byrne, C Hilton, D Fawcett, S Asildada, F Iqbal.
- Heywood 2nd X1 (v Stand, away, Saturday 29 June, 1.30pm): S Evans (capt), R Bennett, C Booth, C Kaye, J Mills, J Kaye, M Witts, O Thomas, L Grogan, T Pagett, Z Baig. Reserve: W Taylor.
- Heywood 3rd X1 (v Worsley, away, Sunday 30 June, Plate 2nd rnd, 1pm): R Smethurst (capt), M Hood, J O’Neill, R Purser, J Keyworth, T Pagett, W Taylor, T Sullivan, M Dearden, C McNally, E Clarkson. Reserve: C Jackson.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1John Bright: Legacy of Rochdale’s radical social reformer ‘could be ripe for revival’ as debate...
- 2Alternative plans for HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail ‘could save billions’ with new underground...
- 3Can you help police find a missing woman from Milnrow?
- 4Regional rate of Covid-19 infection and hospital admissions fall in a week
- 5Castleton Health and Leisure Centre undergoes refurbishment as it prepares to reopen after lockdown