Football: Trio sign first professional contracts
Date published: 29 June 2019
Fabio Tavares, Harrison Hopper and Lewis Bradley
Three young players have signed their first professional contracts with Rochdale AFC.
Fabio Tavares, Harrison Hopper and Lewis Bradley, who are all 18-years-old, have put pen to paper on one-year deals having graduated from the Youth Team.
During their two-year scholarships with the club, they were key members of the 2017/18 EFL North West Youth Alliance League title winning side, and reached the third round of the FA Youth Cup last season.
Striker Tavares, who is from the Kirkholt area of Rochdale, has been with the Academy since 15-years-old, scoring over 40 goals throughout his two-year scholarship.
Hopper, a midfielder who made his first-team debut in a Checkatrade Trophy tie against Leicester City early last season, joined the club as a scholar in the summer of 2017 following a success trial period.
Bradley joined the Academy aged 13, with the attacking midfielder making his first-team and EFL debut in Dale’s final game of the 2018/19 season against Charlton Athletic at The Valley.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Woman receives serious head injuries in collision
- 2Appeal for witnesses after collision which has left a woman in 'critical condition' in hospital
- 3Four men jailed for brutal gang axe attack which left a man with life-changing injuries
- 4Electric avenue best route for taxi firms
- 5Job information sessions for new Rochdale Riverside – all you need to know