Football: Aaron Morley signs three-year deal
Date published: 28 June 2019
Former academy graduate Aaron Morley has signed a new three-year deal with Rochdale AFC, keeping him contracted at the Crown Oil Arena until 2022.
Morley initially joined Rochdale at under-16 level, before signing scholarship terms in 2016.
He made his first-team debut at the age of just 16 and signed a professional contract in March 2017 following his 17th birthday.
The midfielder was instrumental in the Youth Team winning the EFL North West Youth Alliance League title in 2017/18.
His contract was due to expire this summer, but despite interest from other clubs, the youngster has committed his long-term future to Rochdale.
On signing his new deal, Morley said: “It’s great. I’ve been here four years now and to extend for another three years is just a dream come true.
“Brian Barry-Murphy was a huge factor in me deciding to stay, 100%. I’ve had offers from other clubs but I wanted to play here. I believe in Brian, I believe he’s going to give me my chance and I just need to take it.
“This next season is a big one for me. I just need to show him [Barry-Murphy] that I can do it, and hopefully by next season I can be a regular starter.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Woman receives serious head injuries in collision
- 2Appeal for witnesses after collision which has left a woman in 'critical condition' in hospital
- 3Four men jailed for brutal gang axe attack which left a man with life-changing injuries
- 4Electric avenue best route for taxi firms
- 5Job information sessions for new Rochdale Riverside – all you need to know