Football: Aaron Wilbraham extends contract
Date published: 01 July 2019
Aaron Wilbraham has signed a new one-year contract with Rochdale Football Club.
The experienced forward’s new deal will see him remain at the Crown Oil Arena until the summer of 2020.
Having joined the club last June, he was instrumental in Dale’s form at the end of the season, helping the side to avoid relegation from Sky Bet League One.
The 39-year-old also bagged Rochdale’s 2018/19 goal of the season award for his stunning strike against Portsmouth last September.
He has clocked up over 570 career appearances, playing and scoring in all four EFL divisions over a 20-year period.
Wilbraham said: “I’m delighted to sign a new deal, especially after the way we finished last season.
“We’ve got a great set of lads here and everyone wants to keep that momentum going.
“I never wanted to go anywhere else and I couldn’t wait to re-sign.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Woman receives serious head injuries in collision
- 2Appeal for witnesses after collision which has left a woman in 'critical condition' in hospital
- 3Four men jailed for brutal gang axe attack which left a man with life-changing injuries
- 4Electric avenue best route for taxi firms
- 5Job information sessions for new Rochdale Riverside – all you need to know