Football: Aaron Wilbraham extends contract
Date published: 01 July 2019
Aaron Wilbraham has signed a new one-year contract with Rochdale Football Club.
The experienced forward’s new deal will see him remain at the Crown Oil Arena until the summer of 2020.
Having joined the club last June, he was instrumental in Dale’s form at the end of the season, helping the side to avoid relegation from Sky Bet League One.
The 39-year-old also bagged Rochdale’s 2018/19 goal of the season award for his stunning strike against Portsmouth last September.
He has clocked up over 570 career appearances, playing and scoring in all four EFL divisions over a 20-year period.
Wilbraham said: “I’m delighted to sign a new deal, especially after the way we finished last season.
“We’ve got a great set of lads here and everyone wants to keep that momentum going.
“I never wanted to go anywhere else and I couldn’t wait to re-sign.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police investigating the rape of 16-year old girl in Wardle
- 2Trams suspended between Oldham and Rochdale following fatal collision
- 3Littleborough care home rated ‘Good’ following unannounced inspection
- 4Security manager prosecuted for allowing fly-tipping at Turner Brothers Asbestos site
- 5‘Disturbing’ number of council staff do not feel safe at work