Sailing: Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 04 July 2019
Photo: Martin Watts
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Many club sailors were out racing elsewhere over the weekend of 30 June.
Six of the junior sailors were taking part in another round of the North West Junior Travellers series at Bassenthwaite. In light winds on Saturday (30 June 2019), followed by strong breezes on Sunday (31 June), they acquitted themselves well, all being in the top third of the results.
At the Filey Regatta, Chris Massey and Tom Daniel scored second, in a Scorpion, in the Fast Handicap category.
At home, the main battle was in the Solo Class. Nick Brook won the first and third races, while Martin Brennan scored a couple of second places.
Richard Whitworth, visiting home territory, took out a Phantom and won the second race.
Meanwhile, on Tuesday (2 July 2019), twenty boats took part in the local region Senior Travellers series.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Edenfield Road (A680), Rochdale closed both ways at Owd Betts
- 2'Disturbance' closes Sandy Lane as two injured men taken to hospital
- 3A man has been arrested and bailed after a disturbance in Rochdale yesterday
- 4Further arrests following Greave Avenue 'disturbance'
- 5Man charged with child grooming offences