Rugby League: Mayfield preview
Date published: 05 July 2019
Rochdale Mayfield get back to the job in hand on Saturday as they hop over the hill today to Halifax. Their opponents in this Kingstone Press NCL premier division fixture are Siddal.
The Halifax side have a great pedigree and take some beating on their own pitch but that's what Sam Butterworth's side are looking to do on Saturday (6 July 2019).
Siddal are just above the bottom four while Mayfield are languishing next to bottom so both sides need to win this game.
Both clubs had a rest last week and will have prepared well for this game.
Sam Butterworth and Steve Wood have had the lads working on discipline and concentrating on the need to perform to their best from the whistle for the full eight minutes. The dry pitch should suit Mayfield style of play as they look to throw the ball around and exploit the open space.
The rest period has given the squad an opportunity to get over their knocks so Butterworth has a full squad to select from as he tries to get his side through this tough period. There have been some classic, to-the-wire games between these two sides, and this one promises to be no different.
The NWML side have a premier division game at Heysham. Their opponents are in the bottom three fighting for survival so Mayfield will be looking to stop the rot and hopefully pick up a moral boosting win.
Fixtures 6 July 2019
- NCL Premier Division: Siddal v Mayfield KO 2.30pm
- NWML Premier Division: Heysham v Mayfield KO 2.30pm
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1John Bright: Legacy of Rochdale’s radical social reformer ‘could be ripe for revival’ as debate...
- 2Alternative plans for HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail ‘could save billions’ with new underground...
- 3Can you help police find a missing woman from Milnrow?
- 4Regional rate of Covid-19 infection and hospital admissions fall in a week
- 5Castleton Health and Leisure Centre undergoes refurbishment as it prepares to reopen after lockdown