Cricket: Norden pick up 10 points from Clitheroe
Date published: 09 July 2019
Norden Cricket Club
Norden Cricket Club picked up 10 points from their home match against Clitheroe after chasing down a winning target of 251 with only three deliveries to spare.
Clitheroe made first use of the wicket and struggled against the bowling of Jake Sandham and Chris Humphreys, so much so that after 10 overs they had only nine runs on the board, but from then on the runs flowed, including a quickfire 23 from Peter Dibb.
Sarij Randiv added 23, Tom Lord 43, and Kyle O’Connor hit an unbeaten 67 which included a six off the last ball of the innings.
Greg Butterworth toiled for 14 overs to take four for 79, and Lee Crabtree added another four scalps to his tally behind the stumps.
Norden's top order all made runs, Joe Humphreys 24, Saif Bhojani 29, and Harvey Fitton 29, but they were back in the shed by the time the total reached 98, and it remained a tall order for Stags.
Josh Tolley and Jake Sandham then took Norden within reach. Sandham was out for 53 with 208 on the board and Tolley went for 58 six runs later.
It was his highest league score of the season.
Lee Crabtree and Hashum Malik fell cheaply as the run race went on.
It was close, but 12 runs came off the first three balls of the final possible over and Norden were home with seven wickets down.
Greg Butterworth was 17 not out and Dominic Humphreys 13 not out.
- C Dewhurst c Crabtree b C Humphreys 12
- H Lang c Crabtree b D Humphreys 36
- S Mulligan lbw J Humphreys 18
- P Dibb c C Humphreys b Butterworth 23
- K O’Connor not out 67
- S Randiv c Crabtree b Butterworth 23
- T Lord c Crabtree b Butterworth 43
- B Ahmed c Bhojani b Butterworth 0
- Extras 28
- Total (for 7 wkts) 250
- Bowling: Sandham 12-3-53-0; C Humphreys 10-3-24-1; D Humphreys 6-0-35-1; Butterworth 14-1-79-4; J Humphreys 8-0-50-1.
- J Humphreys lbw Dewhurst 24
- S Bhojani c Lord b Randiv 29
- H Fitton b Randiv 29
- J Tolley c Randiv b Halstead 58
- J Sandham c Lemon b Dewhurst 53
- G Butterworth not out 17
- L Crabtree b Dewhurst 4
- H Malik run out 5
- D Humphreys not out 13
- Extras 21
- Total (for 7 wkts) 253
- Bowling: Dewhurst 11-0-66-3; Halstead 13-0-74-1; Randiv 15-2-40-2; Lord 10-0-50-0; Lang 0.3-0-12-0
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police investigating the rape of 16-year old girl in Wardle
- 2Trams suspended between Oldham and Rochdale following fatal collision
- 3Littleborough care home rated ‘Good’ following unannounced inspection
- 4Security manager prosecuted for allowing fly-tipping at Turner Brothers Asbestos site
- 5‘Disturbing’ number of council staff do not feel safe at work