Stock car driver from Littleborough retains European title
Date published: 09 August 2019
Littleborough stock car driver, Stephen Mallinson, retains his European title
Local stock car driver, Stephen Mallinson from Littleborough, recently made history at Northampton International Shaleway by becoming the first person to win the Brisca F2 European championship consecutively.
Mallinson, a racer since the age of 11, was competing against some of the best stock car drivers in Europe in terrible conditions.
He won his first major stock car title back in 2018.
Leading up to this years race, Mallinson's main aim was to retain his title, which he did in style by leading 23 out of the 25 lap race, leaving no chance for the opposition to take the title away.
Local businesses that have helped Stephen achieve this, and to who he is extremely grateful, are CAR.I.P Scrap Metal, D&W Cars, Pollard Construction, Shaw Tyre & Exhausts and Althams Travel.
Stephen will next travel to St Day in Cornwall for the Brisca F2 Semi Final which if successful, he will race at Buxton in the Brisca F2 World Final in September 2019.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Safety of local earth-filled dams at reservoirs
- 2Residents don't recycle food because it is "smelly and dirty", survey finds
- 3Outstanding A-level results at Rochdale Sixth Form College
- 4JD Sports reduce 12-hour night shift breaks from three to two
- 5Paving flags stolen from Springhill Hospice’s Coffee at the Craven