Cricket: Heywood teams for the weekend
Date published: 22 August 2019
Heywood Cricket Club
Heywood’s senior side start a four-game run-in to the end of the season on Saturday 24 August which will decide what standard of cricket they will be contesting next year.
They take on Denton at Crimble knowing that victory is vital to keeping hopes alive of making it into the top two teams promoted to the Premier Division of the Greater Manchester League.
Heywood are nine points behind leaders Moorside in Division 1A, but only six behind joint second-placed Flowery Field, Glodwick and Denton West.
The following week, 31 August, they go to Uppermill, then comes the crunch in the final two games – at home to Flowery Field on 7 September, and away to Glodwick in what could be a last game decider on 14 September.
Heywood’s second team are bottom of Division 3 East, and to have any chance of avoiding relegation need a victory when they go to Dukinfield on Saturday.
There is action at Crimble on Sunday 25 August when the 3rd X1 entertain Astley Bridge.
- Heywood 1st X1 (v Denton, home, Saturday, 12.30pm): S Burrill (capt), W Hunt, J Morley, A Dawson, R Cross, J Kettleborough, S Dawson, J Kaye, J Mills, C Hilton, F Iqbal (pro).
- Heywood 2nd X1 (v Dukinfield, away, Saturday, 1pm): S Evans (capt), R Smethurst, C Booth, C Kaye, M Grogan, O Thomas, Z Baig, T Pagett, C McNally, D Hilton, M Dearden.
- Heywood 3rd X1 (v Astley Bridge, home, Sunday, 1.30pm): R Smethurst (capt), M Hood, J O’Neill, D Hilton, J Keyworth, C McNally, M Dearden, O Thomas, T Pagett, J Kaye, C Jackson. Reserve: R Purser.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale business delivers global success
- 2Stunning painting of Rochdale will be auctioned off to raise money for Springhill Hospice
- 3Biggest ever apprentice intake joins the council workforce
- 4Traders’ anger as council sounds death knell for centuries old market
- 5National pawnbroker closes without warning