Cricket: Workday at Heywood ahead of LCF KO Cup Final
Date published: 30 August 2019
Heywood Cricket Club, The Crimble
Heywood Cricket Club are appealing for help to get their Crimble cricket ground looking at its best for one of the biggest games at the ground in recent years.
The Lancashire Cricket Foundation KO Cup Final is a week on Sunday 8 September at noon between Lancashire League clubs Norden and holders Darwen.
The Heywood club are hoping that volunteers on a Workforce Day this coming Sunday 1 September from 10am, will help with several different jobs needed to have Crimble looking spick and span for the showpiece occasion.
Club chairman John Rhodes said: “Staging this game shows how highly Heywood is regarded in the Lancashire cricket set-up, and we want to have the ground in the best possible order.
“As always with these occasions, the more people who can give up some of their time, no matter how short, the easier it will make things for our tireless ground crew, who always help to have the Crimble playing area looking a picture on match days.”
Cricket chairman Roger Smethurst, a member of the ground crew, said: “The volunteers who regularly look after Crimble will be on hand to supervise and help with the various jobs needed to make a difference.
“If people can spare only, say, an hour it will certainly be appreciated.”
The jobs to be undertaken include:
- Tidying up some of the surrounds, strimming and weeding, plus moving the stone on the car park.
- Ensure that there are adequate benches in place for spectators, and tidy up and repair those that are currently around the ground.
- Check that gazebos are ready for use.
- Clean and tidy the dressing-room areas, and the back room of the clubhouse.
- Clean and tidy the port-a-kabin.
- Get equipment in place, mainly the covers, to assist the ground staff for the week leading up to the big day.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.