Rochdale Harrier wins Littleborough Lions 5k
Date published: 30 August 2019
Rochdale Harrier, Phillip Hinchcliffe
Rochdale Harrier, Phillip Hinchcliffe won the Littleborough Lions 5K in a time of 17:45 on Tuesday (27 August).
The race saw nearly half the 77-strong field represented by Calderdale’s Sowerby Bridge Snails running club, forming a round of the club’s annual championship series.
The 5K route started and finished at the Conservative Club on Peel Street and took in the northern part of Hollingworth Lake, travelling along Railway Street, Riverstone Bridge, Stubley Mill Road, Stopford Avenue, Smithy Bridge Road and Hollingworth Road.
Hinchcliffe was 16 seconds in front of Horwich Runners’ Glyn Kay, who also took the first male veteran position, with the Snails’ Sean Suttle third in a time of 18:09.
Rossendale Harriers’ Emma Richardson was the first senior female to finish in a time of 20:49 and the first female veteran was Wilmslow’s Amanda Bradburn in a time of 22:54.
Other local finishers in the top 10 were Ian Douglas (Rochdale Harriers) in sixth, with a time of 19:12, and Jenny Grindrod (Rochdale Triathlon Club) in a time of 26:08.
Refreshments were provided after the warm race in the Conservative Club.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale people urged to help save lives by supporting COVID-19 research
- 2Here’s where you can Eat Out to Help Out: the venues offering the government’s 50% discount deal
- 3Lorry fire on M62 causes lengthy delays for motorists
- 4Last chance to have your say on major motorway upgrade
- 5Plans for a 27-acre solar farm on green belt between Rochdale and Heywood approved