Cricket: Norden to play in Lancashire Cricket Foundation Cup final at Heywood
Date published: 06 September 2019
Heywood Cricket Club are completing arrangements to stage the prestigious Lancashire Cricket Foundation Cup final at Heywood Cricket Club this coming Sunday 8 September at 12noon.
The clash between Lancashire League clubs Norden and Darwen is one of the highlights of the club season in the county and is expected to attract a large crowd so the club have therefore put procedures in place to accommodate Lancashire CC officials, invited guests, supporters of both clubs – and neutral cricket fans.
- There will be no charge at the gate, but there will be buckets for the public to throw money into and a donation will be made to charity.
- There will be car parking spaces on the ground, organised by club stewards at the gate, on a first come first served basis. If, and when, the ground cannot take any more vehicles, there will be parking areas on Mutual Street and Aspinall Street.
- Alcoholic drinks, and soft drinks for the younger ones, will be available to be purchased at specially constructed bars close to the Pavilion.
- There will be a barbeque and other places to purchase food.
- There will be no access to the clubhouse, or the toilets inside, except for invited guests displaying the correct accreditation.
- There will be outside toilet facilities.
Heywood chairman John Rhodes said: “Many of our members have worked tirelessly to make the ground and surrounds look as good as they do, and I would sincerely like to thank every one of them for their efforts.
“Let us now hope that the weather is kind and that the cricket can be the centre stage of an excellent day.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.