Former Rochdale defender Joe Bunney breaks ribs and collarbone in collision
Date published: 09 September 2019
Joe Bunney, pictured during his time at Rochdale AFC
Former Rochdale defender Joe Bunney has broken his ribs and collarbone in a traffic collision.
Bunney, 25, previously played for Rochdale between 2013 and 2018, making almost 150 appearances during a near five-year stay. He returned to Rochdale AFC on loan from Northampton Town earlier this year.
He signed a 12-month contract with Bolton Wanderers on 2 September after former Dale manager Keith Hill took the reins at Bolton.
In a statement released on Monday (9 September), Bolton Wanders said: “We can confirm that Joe Bunney has been involved in a road traffic accident.
“He will remain in hospital for the next 48 hours as a precautionary measure.
“Everybody at Bolton Wanderers wishes Joe a quick recovery.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Woman receives serious head injuries in collision
- 2Four men jailed for brutal gang axe attack which left a man with life-changing injuries
- 3Appeal for witnesses after collision which has left a woman in 'critical condition' in hospital
- 4Appeal for information after 'trafficked' children found living in cannabis farm property
- 5Electric avenue best route for taxi firms