Sailing: Martin and Rene Watts win two races
Date published: 12 September 2019
Sailing at Hollingworth Lake
The very light and shifty wind on Sunday (8 September) needed the experience of Martin and Rene Watts in a Merlin Rocket to win.
They took the first and second races and then decided not to try for the third race. With the low water level the wind streams are more variable than usual.
Richard Long chose to race in his Streaker for a change and sailed consistently for two runner-up spots.
Four of the Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club younger sailors raced their Toppers for the last race. This was won by Hector Droungas. However, Jasper Bramwell had better results in the earlier races and therefore took third place overall on the day. Hector was placed fifth overall on the day with Graham Booth, in a Solo, splitting the Topper results.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1CCTV footage released of armed burglary in Middleton
- 2Did you witness an armed robbery in Middleton?
- 3Counting the coronavirus cost - Rochdale Council offers support as households struggle with council...
- 4Borough town centres to be made "safe and welcoming" as lockdown eases
- 5Bamford salon owner inspires college students during lockdown