Sailing: Excellent results for Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club at British Youth Sailing Northern Regional Championships
Date published: 03 October 2019
Photo: Martin Watts
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
It may not have been a weekend to sail at Hollingworth Lake with the low water level, rain and a very strong breeze but there was activity elsewhere.
Four of the club’s young sailors were at Derwent Reservoir in the North East on Sunday (29 September) for the British Youth Sailing Northern Regional Championships.
Excellent results included an outright win by Loukas Droungos in the Topper Regatta fleet, for those starting into competitive racing.
In the Topper Championship fleet, Daisy Fisher achieved seventh overall (and second female) with two top three race finishes.
Hector Droungos finished 14th and Jacob Din 21st in a fleet of 35 boats.
Over the hill at Pennine Sailing Club, Chris Massey and Tom Daniel came second in a closely fought Scorpion meeting.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Four men jailed for brutal gang axe attack which left a man with life-changing injuries
- 2Job information sessions for new Rochdale Riverside – all you need to know
- 3Pedestrian taken to hospital with serious injuries after collision
- 4 Motorist issued parking ticket despite explaining she could not charge electric car
- 5Inclusive playground unveiled at Redwood School