Brazilian Jiu Jitsu: Collin Perez wins gold
Date published: 30 October 2019
Seven-year-old Collin Perez landed a gold medal in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at the London Warriors Cup tournament on Sunday 27 October.
Representing Team Sukata, Collin, of Rochdale, had two fights on the day in the 25kg weight category of the Kids GI, winning the first by armbar submission.
He won the second fight with a powerful takedown that made his opponent tap out.
Collin has been training for just over a year, and has only been competing in the sport since December 2018.
He trains at Team Sukata in Warrington, alongside his older brother, Andrew, eight, who also competes in the sport.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man arrested after teenage girl raped in Wardle
- 2Second man arrested after teenager raped in Wardle
- 3Man arrested on suspicion of rape faces no further action after release
- 4Wanted: Warrington man with links to Rochdale
- 5Four men jailed for 77 years after cash-in-transit robberies in Greater Manchester and Derbyshire