Sailing: Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 31 October 2019
Photo: Martin Watts
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
The sun shone well for Chris Massey on Sunday (27 October) as he raced his RS300 single-hander to wins in the first two races. The wind came off the Lake Bank shore in varying strength and, with the reduced water level, meant wind shadows on that side to challenge tactical skills.
David Smith was out in his Phantom, with competition from Steve Mason in his boat. He managed to hold second place in the first and third races. His results were equalled by Bruce Mager and Craig Jowett in a Merlin Rocket who had a third place in the first race and won the last one.
Nick Hornsby and Les Burns got together in a GP14 and were on the pace in race two for runner-up spot.
Youth sailor Adam Smith was outpaced in his Topper by these faster boats.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale in Rainbows: same-sex and trans symbols replace green man at pedestrian crossings for...
- 2Operation rescues 101 dogs from suspected illegal breeders
- 3Police have arrested a man following a report of an attempted abduction
- 4Friendly faces to boost town centre as rangers introduced
- 5350 children in Rochdale will receive little to no presents this Christmas