Sailing: Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 13 November 2019
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club House
There was close racing at the Hollingworth Lake on Sunday 10 November in the light easterly breeze. After applying the handicap for elapsed time, Nick Hornsby and Richard Long, in a GP14, took the win by four seconds from Martin Brennan, in a Solo.
The second and third races were a battle between Martin Brennan and Stuart Bates, who had borrowed a RS300. Martin Brennan took the second race from Bates, with Nick Hornsby now in third place.
Martin Brennan and Stuart Bates were tied after the results of two races and with the wind easing and shifting towards the south, Stuart Bates found the way to lead and gain with downwind speed to take the third race.
Meanwhile Nick Hornsby and Richard Long were caught off guard by a chance gust and capsized.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Alternative plans for HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail ‘could save billions’ with new underground...
- 2John Bright: Legacy of Rochdale’s radical social reformer ‘could be ripe for revival’ as debate...
- 3Can you help police find a missing woman from Milnrow?
- 4Local volunteers deliver afternoon tea to 90 residents
- 5Castleton Health and Leisure Centre undergoes refurbishment as it prepares to reopen after lockdown