Cricket: Jack Morley signs new contract with Lancashire Cricket
Date published: 14 November 2019
Jack Morley, Heywood Cricket Club
Heywood cricketer Jack Morley has signed a new extended contact with Lancashire ahead of the 2020 season.
Left arm spinner Morley, 18, is one of seven players who have all been awarded extended contracts to play at Emirates Old Trafford.
He signed his first professional contract with Lancashire in March 2019 at the age of 17, after a winter training with and playing for the England U19 squad.
Morley has been with Heywood throughout his junior career, having moved into the top twenty in the club’s all-time leading amateur wicket takers following a successful summer.
Morley picked up the senior bowling prize at the annual Heywood Cricket Club presentation evening last month, also claiming the overall Player of the Year award for the club in a summer that saw him play regularly for Lancashire 2nd XI.
He also won the bowling prize in Division 1A of the Greater Manchester League, being presented with his award on October 25 at a presentation dinner at Emirates Old Trafford.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police investigating the rape of 16-year old girl in Wardle
- 2Manager jailed after death of roofer in Rochdale
- 3Trams suspended between Oldham and Rochdale following fatal collision
- 4Renters will be allowed to keep their pets under new government tenancy plans
- 5Bar forced to close after police were hurt in brawl could be shut down for good