Sailing: Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 20 November 2019
Photo: Martin Watts
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
There was a familiar battle between the leading sailors in the GP14 and Merlin Rocket fleets at Hollingworth Lake on Sunday 17 November 2019.
In the first race, Adam McGovern and Ellie Davies held off the strong challenge of Martin Brennan and Richard Long to start the day. Steve Crook and Evan Parry had to settle for third place as the leading Merlin Rocket team.
Martin Brennan and Richard Long continued by winning the second and third races. In the second one, Adam McGovern and Ellie Davies had swapped places and then finished as runners up.
This time, it was Les Bithell and Emma Turner who had the best result of the Merlin Rockets after Steve Crook lost temporary control of his rudder. Jasper Bramwell, aged 11, took part in his Topper for races 2 and 3 and showed his skill with two 4th places.
The final race of the day, was again won by Martin Brennan with Steve Crook in second, ahead of Les Burns and Alice Morris (GP14) in third place.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Alternative plans for HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail ‘could save billions’ with new underground...
- 2John Bright: Legacy of Rochdale’s radical social reformer ‘could be ripe for revival’ as debate...
- 3Can you help police find a missing woman from Milnrow?
- 4Local volunteers deliver afternoon tea to 90 residents
- 5Castleton Health and Leisure Centre undergoes refurbishment as it prepares to reopen after lockdown