Sailing: Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 20 November 2019
Photo: Martin Watts
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
There was a familiar battle between the leading sailors in the GP14 and Merlin Rocket fleets at Hollingworth Lake on Sunday 17 November 2019.
In the first race, Adam McGovern and Ellie Davies held off the strong challenge of Martin Brennan and Richard Long to start the day. Steve Crook and Evan Parry had to settle for third place as the leading Merlin Rocket team.
Martin Brennan and Richard Long continued by winning the second and third races. In the second one, Adam McGovern and Ellie Davies had swapped places and then finished as runners up.
This time, it was Les Bithell and Emma Turner who had the best result of the Merlin Rockets after Steve Crook lost temporary control of his rudder. Jasper Bramwell, aged 11, took part in his Topper for races 2 and 3 and showed his skill with two 4th places.
The final race of the day, was again won by Martin Brennan with Steve Crook in second, ahead of Les Burns and Alice Morris (GP14) in third place.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Sir Alex Ferguson drops in to praise NHS including Rochdale staff
- 2Rochdale manufacturer undergoes £2m investment
- 3Conservatives win Heywood & Middleton for first time
- 4Poorly children under 12 will now be offered same day GP appointments if urgent
- 5Rochdale woman to tackle poverty in Nepal by volunteering for three months