Trampolining: Whitworth trio bounce to first place
Date published: 29 November 2019
Izzy Bradley-Harris and Hannah Langan with medals and trophies for their success in the club competition at Bury
Three talented trampolinists from Whitworth Community High School bounced their way to first place in a club competition held in Bury.
Izzy Bradley-Harris and Hannah Langan, both 14, are members of Fearns Trampoline Club, and Jade Williams, 13, is a member of Bury Trampoline Club, where the competition was held.
Izzy said: “Clubs came from all over including Liverpool, Bolton and Lancashire.
“I competed in the higher tariff under 14s competition. I was first in the team competition and third in the solo.”
She was in a team of three against other teams who had four and five members. The top three scores count towards the final result, but with only three members every point counted.
Izzy said: “I have done a lot of competitions and this was quite a hard one because of the standard of the other people taking part.”
Hannah competed in the lower tariff under 14s category which her team won and she was third in the solo,
Jade was not only first in the under 13s solo competition but also helped her team to first place too.
She said: “I have been trampolining for two years at Bury and I started because my friend went and I wanted to try it. I train for an hour on a Friday and two hours on a Saturday morning.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Alternative plans for HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail ‘could save billions’ with new underground...
- 2John Bright: Legacy of Rochdale’s radical social reformer ‘could be ripe for revival’ as debate...
- 3Can you help police find a missing woman from Milnrow?
- 4Local volunteers deliver afternoon tea to 90 residents
- 5Castleton Health and Leisure Centre undergoes refurbishment as it prepares to reopen after lockdown