Sailing: Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 29 November 2019
A few keen sailors set out to race in the faint westerly airstream
Despite a mirror-like surface on the Lake on Sunday (24 November), a few keen sailors set out to race in the faint westerly airstream.
Martin and Rene Watts were out in front, in their Merlin Rocket. Behind them Martin Brennan, in his Solo kept finding a light stream of some wind.
In the end it was Martin Brennan who won both races with the benefit of the handicap.
Jasper Bramwell, in a Topper, kept going in the first race for third place, while Andy Carter (Solo) joined in the second one for third place.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1New coronavirus walk-in testing centre is being set up in Middleton
- 2Nearly 90 ‘much-needed’ new homes to be built on Middleton estate
- 3Prime Minister announces planning permission shake-up
- 4Face coverings to be compulsory in shops and supermarkets from 24 July
- 5Members raise over £5,000 for Rochdale Cricket Club