Sailing: Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 29 November 2019
A few keen sailors set out to race in the faint westerly airstream
Despite a mirror-like surface on the Lake on Sunday (24 November), a few keen sailors set out to race in the faint westerly airstream.
Martin and Rene Watts were out in front, in their Merlin Rocket. Behind them Martin Brennan, in his Solo kept finding a light stream of some wind.
In the end it was Martin Brennan who won both races with the benefit of the handicap.
Jasper Bramwell, in a Topper, kept going in the first race for third place, while Andy Carter (Solo) joined in the second one for third place.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Conservatives win Heywood & Middleton for first time
- 2Heywood & Middleton General Election 2019 - Live Commentary- Conservatives take Heywood & Middleton...
- 3Tony Lloyd victorious for Labour as he retains Rochdale seat
- 4Rochdale General Election 2019 - Live Commentary - Tony Lloyd retains his seat
- 5Rochdale manufacturer undergoes £2m investment