Rugby League: Rochdale Mayfield draw London Chargers in the Coral Challenge Cup
Date published: 06 December 2019
44 community clubs will be in the hat, including Rochdale Mayfield
Local rugby club Mayfield has been drawn at home against the London Chargers in the first round of the Coral Challenge Cup.
The 22 first round ties will take place over the weekend of 11-12 January, with one to be selected for live streaming by the BBC – the start of their coverage of at least one match from each round of the 2020 competition – and another by the RFL’s Our League cameras.
The first semi-professional clubs, from Betfred League 1, including Rochdale Hornets, will enter at the third round stage on the weekend of 8-9 February, and championship clubs two weeks later in the fourth Round.
Looking further ahead, League 1 clubs,will enter at the third round stage on the weekend of 8-9 February and championship clubs two weeks later in the fourth round.
Four super league clubs – Huddersfield Giants, Hull KR, Wakefield Trinity and Toronto Wolfpack – will enter at round five on the weekend of 14-15 March, followed by the remaining super league clubs for round six on the weekend of 4-5 April.
The Coral Challenge Cup Final itself will be played more than a month earlier than in 2019, taking place on Saturday 18 July.
2020 Coral Challenge Cup
- January 11-12: first round (44 community clubs)
- January 25-26: second round (22 first round winners)
- February 8-9: third round (11 second round winners, 11 Betfred League 1 clubs)
- February 22-23: fourth round (11 third round winners, 13 English Betfred Championship clubs)
- March 14-15: fifth round (12 fourth round winners, plus four Betfred Super League clubs – Huddersfield Giants, Hull KR, Toronto Wolfpack, Wakefield Trinity)
- April 4-5: sixth round (8 fifth round winners, plus the remaining 8 Betfred Super League clubs)
- May 9-10: quarter finals
- June 6-7: semi-finals
- Final: Saturday July 18 at Wembley Stadium
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police investigating the rape of 16-year old girl in Wardle
- 2Trams suspended between Oldham and Rochdale following fatal collision
- 3Littleborough care home rated ‘Good’ following unannounced inspection
- 4Security manager prosecuted for allowing fly-tipping at Turner Brothers Asbestos site
- 5Roadworks, temporary local road closures and restrictions