Brazilian Jiu Jitsu: Rochdale’s Perez brothers win gold at King of the North
Date published: 16 December 2019
Collin and Andrew Perez show off their medals
Two brothers from Rochdale earned podium positions and three gold medals between them at the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu King of the North competition in Leigh on Saturday (14 December).
Collin Perez, seven, won double gold, whilst his older brother, Andrew, eight, landed an impressive gold and silver.
Andrew, a grey belt, has been training since 2016 and has been active on the UK’s BJJ competition circuit since 2018.
Collin, who holds a white belt, has been training for just over a year and has only been competing in the sport since December 2018.
Between them, the brothers, who both train at Team Sukata in Warrington, have this year alone won 25 gold medals, 24 silvers and six bronze.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police investigating the rape of 16-year old girl in Wardle
- 2Trams suspended between Oldham and Rochdale following fatal collision
- 3Littleborough care home rated ‘Good’ following unannounced inspection
- 4Security manager prosecuted for allowing fly-tipping at Turner Brothers Asbestos site
- 5‘Disturbing’ number of council staff do not feel safe at work