Rugby league: Shaun Ainscough re-signs with Rochdale Hornets for 2020 season
Date published: 17 December 2019
Photo: SW Pix
Shaun Ainscough has signed a new deal with Hornets
Shaun Ainscough has re-signed with Rochdale Hornets for the 2020 Betfred League 1 season.
Ainscough, 30, joins Hornets ahead of the 2019 season, scoring nine tries in 26 appearances.
On the new deal, he said: "I am happy to have re-signed with Rochdale and build again with Matt [Calland] as coach.
"Coming from a professional rugby background, he knows what is needed to build the team back up and hopefully compete and give the fans some great battles with other teams throughout the year.
"After a tough season, this year it is only right I go another year and give 100% every week for the fans, the team and family."
Head coach Matt Calland added: "I am really pleased to have Shaun on board again in 2020.
"He was our best outside back last season and he played consistently well in a beaten team each week, and that says a lot about him.
"He is great to have around the club and he is a fan's favourite and certainly knows where the try line is."
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Facemask advice if you wear glasses or hearing aids
- 2Council leader hits out at plans to build more than 200 homes on a ‘thriving’ business park
- 3Plans for a 27-acre solar farm on green belt between Rochdale and Heywood approved
- 4Funding secured for two major projects in the Rochdale borough
- 5The Gallows is under new ownership – and the food is set to be better than ever