Rugby league: Dale Bloomfield signs for Hornets
Date published: 08 January 2020
Dale Bloomfield playing for Hornets in April 2016
Rochdale Hornets has announced the signing of Dale Bloomfield for the 2020 League 1 season.
Bloomfield, 31, returns to the Crown Oil Arena for his third stint with the Hornets, where he established himself as a fan favourite across five seasons with the club.
He last featured for Rochdale in the 2016 promotion-winning final in Toulouse, and will return after spending time with North Wales Crusaders and Hunslet.
"I'm excited to be returning to Rochdale Hornets," he said.
"I had a successful time at the club and feel like I've played my best rugby there and have some unfinished business.
"I had a good connection with the fans so I'm looking forward to be playing in front of them again, as well as working with a top coach in Matt Calland."
On the signing, head coach Calland added: "I'm really excited about Dale coming back to the club.
"I coached him as a youngster and recognised his talent then, and since then he has developed into a quality player at this level."
Rochdale Hornets face Oldham in the Law Cup on Sunday (12 January) at the Crown Oil Arena, with a 3pm kick off.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police investigating the rape of 16-year old girl in Wardle
- 2Trams suspended between Oldham and Rochdale following fatal collision
- 3Littleborough care home rated ‘Good’ following unannounced inspection
- 4Security manager prosecuted for allowing fly-tipping at Turner Brothers Asbestos site
- 5Roadworks, temporary local road closures and restrictions