Football: Tyler Smith joins Rochdale on loan from Sheffield United
Date published: 15 January 2020
Rochdale AFC has confirmed the signing of Tyler Smith from Premier League side Sheffield United.
The 21-year-old highly regarded forward joins Dale on a loan deal until the end of the season.
Smith has had two previous loan spells in League One, making over 30 league appearances during stints at Doncaster Rovers and Bristol Rovers.
He began last season on loan at National League side Barrow AFC, where he scored 10 goals in 23 appearances playing alongside fellow Sheffield United loanee Rhys Norrington-Davies.
In January last year, Smith joined Doncaster, scoring twice on his EFL debut as a half-time substitute.
The Sheffield born youngster began this season on loan at Bristol Rovers, most recently notching in their 2-1 win at Ipswich Town last month.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man dies after being hit by a vehicle while lying in the road after being assaulted
- 2Packer Street taped off by police following serious incident
- 3Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of man in Rochdale
- 4Inspirational Rochdale teacher honoured in UK celebration of teaching
- 5Sign language champions ‘Sign Along With Us’ to appear in Britain's Got Talent semi-final tonight