Football: Tyler Smith joins Rochdale on loan from Sheffield United
Date published: 15 January 2020
Rochdale AFC has confirmed the signing of Tyler Smith from Premier League side Sheffield United.
The 21-year-old highly regarded forward joins Dale on a loan deal until the end of the season.
Smith has had two previous loan spells in League One, making over 30 league appearances during stints at Doncaster Rovers and Bristol Rovers.
He began last season on loan at National League side Barrow AFC, where he scored 10 goals in 23 appearances playing alongside fellow Sheffield United loanee Rhys Norrington-Davies.
In January last year, Smith joined Doncaster, scoring twice on his EFL debut as a half-time substitute.
The Sheffield born youngster began this season on loan at Bristol Rovers, most recently notching in their 2-1 win at Ipswich Town last month.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Major fly-tipping rates in Rochdale one of highest in country last year
- 2Golf duo take over course at Heaton Park
- 3Vets issue advice following widespread reports of dogs struck by vomiting bug
- 4Conrad remembered as local road named in his honour
- 5Rochdale’s independent shops offer special £5 deals for Totally Locally national Fiver Fest