Football: Defender McShane signs contract extension
Date published: 17 January 2020
Republic of Ireland international Paul McShane has signed a new 18-month contract with Rochdale AFC.
The 34-year-old defender initially joined on a short-term deal in October but has now extended his stay at the Crown Oil Arena to the summer of 2021.
McShane said: “I’ve enjoyed my time so far. Working with Brian, his staff and the players has been very enjoyable.
“There are some really good lads in the changing room and some really good players, so there’s a good combination. Hopefully, we can be successful.
“I’ve learnt quite a bit since being here. I can trust the staff and they’ve been fantastic to me, especially when I picked up the injury that I had.
“They’ve looked after me really well and hopefully I can pay them back with performances and results on the pitch.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Update on Covid-19 cases in Rochdale borough
- 2Closure of Bowlee Sports Centre and St Mary’s artificial turf pitch
- 3Councillor tells RBH it’s time for someone to ‘take responsibility and resign’ over fire safety...
- 4Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of man in Rochdale
- 5Man dies after being hit by a vehicle while lying in the road after being assaulted