Rugby league: Coral Challenge Cup Third Round draw
Date published: 28 January 2020
Former Mayfield players Jack Ashworth and Matty Lees did the draw at the Crown Oil Arena (pictured with Dave Woods, BBC Rugby League Correspondent, left)
Both Rochdale Hornets and Mayfield have received home ties in the Coral Challenge Cup third round draw.
Drawn at Crown Oil Arena on Monday night (27 January), Rochdale Hornets will host York Acorn of the National Conference League, while Rochdale Mayfield have an intriguing tie against North Wales Crusaders of League 1.
St Helens and England Knights forwards Jack Ashworth and Matty Lees, who both played for Mayfield as juniors, pulled out the balls.
The ties will be played on the weekend of 8-9 February, with the fourth round draw being made in Halifax on Monday 10 February.
As in the previous two rounds, one third round tie will be selected for live streaming by BBC Sport, and another by the RFL’s Our League app.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man dies after being hit by a vehicle while lying in the road after being assaulted
- 2Packer Street taped off by police following serious incident
- 3Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of man in Rochdale
- 4Inspirational Rochdale teacher honoured in UK celebration of teaching
- 5Sign language champions ‘Sign Along With Us’ to appear in Britain's Got Talent semi-final tonight