Rugby league: Coral Challenge Cup fourth round draw
Date published: 12 February 2020
One tie from the fourth round will be selected for live coverage by BBC Sport
The fourth round of the Coral Challenge Cup has been drawn, with either Rochdale Hornets or York Acorn being drawn against the British Army.
Hornets’ third round tie against York Acorn was postponed at the weekend because of Storm Ciara and has been rearranged for this Sunday (16 February) at the AJ Bell Stadium with a 3.00pm kick off.
This is the first time the British Army has reached the fourth round of the Challenge Cup.
The British Army has only been eligible to enter the competition since the ban on Rugby League in the Armed Forces was lifted less than three decades ago.
They have surged to the fourth round with victories over a trio of highly respected community clubs - Oulton Raiders, Skirlaugh and Ince Rose Bridge.
One tie from the fourth round will be selected for live coverage by BBC Sport – who have already shown matches from Skirlaugh, Wigan St Patricks and Rochdale Mayfield in this year’s competition – with at least one other match shown by the RFL’s Our League web and app.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Major fly-tipping rates in Rochdale one of highest in country last year
- 2Golf duo take over course at Heaton Park
- 3Vets issue advice following widespread reports of dogs struck by vomiting bug
- 4Conrad remembered as local road named in his honour
- 5Rochdale’s independent shops offer special £5 deals for Totally Locally national Fiver Fest