Football: Stephen Dooley signs contract extension
Date published: 21 February 2020
Stephen Dooley has extended his contract Rochdale AFC until the summer of 2021.
The 28-year-old joined Dale in May 2018 from NIFL Premiership side Coleraine, making 55 appearances for the club so far.
The Northern Irishman said it was a “no brainer” to sign an extension.
“I’ve really enjoyed my two years here so far,” said Dooley.
“I like it here. I like the way we play, I like the players, it’s a good area and everyone at Rochdale has been good to me.
“When I was offered the chance to re-sign, it was a no brainer.
“I feel like I’m back to full fitness now and I feel good. Hopefully I can kick on and get some more games in the run-in to the end of the season and hopefully I can do well.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale residents may not have to pay council tax until July
- 2Coronavirus: the local companies offering takeaway and delivery services
- 3Subway surprise staff at Rochdale Infirmary
- 4Residents trapped abroad by coronavirus travel restrictions
- 5JD Sports 'putting thousands at risk' by remaining open amid coronavirus pandemic